Foot soak with arnica
Foot baths with arnica are a traditional remedy for pain, inflammation and fatigue. It is an ancient healing method that increases blood circulation in the feet to reduce swelling and improve overall health.
What is Arnica?
Arnica is a flower native to Europe and North America. It has been used in medicine for centuries to treat a variety of ailments, including bruises, sprains, joint pain, sore muscles and headaches. The active ingredient in arnica is called helenalin and has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes it ideal for foot baths, as it helps reduce swelling and promotes relaxation.
Benefits of an arnica foot bath
An arnica foot bath can help relieve inflammation, pain and fatigue. This type of foot bath also helps improve blood circulation in the feet, which can lead to better overall health. In addition, an arnica foot bath is a gentle and relaxing remedy that can be done at home with little preparation or cost.
What do you need for an arnica foot bath?
To perform an arnica foot bath, you will need:
- A bowl or basin large enough to fit both feet comfortably (2-3 quarts).
- 1 cup of dried arnica flowers
- Enough water to fill the bowl/basin up to your ankles
- Essential oils such as lavender oil or rosemary oil (optional)
- A towel
How to perform an arnica foot bath.
- Fill the bowl or basin with warm water and add 1 cup of dried arnica flowers.
- Add a few drops of essential oils (optional).
- Soak your feet in the foot bath for 15-20 minutes. Make sure your ankles are covered with water.
- Gently massage your feet while you take the foot bath to promote circulation and relieve tension and fatigue.
- When you’re done, drain the water from the basin and dry your feet with a towel. Be sure to rinse any remaining petals off your feet before drying them completely.
- After the foot bath, apply a moisturizer to your feet.
Foot baths with arnica are an effective and relaxing remedy for pain, inflammation and fatigue. They can be done at home with minimal preparation or cost and help improve overall health. Before trying any new treatments or remedies, be sure to consult a doctor.
Thanks for reading!
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Always consult a doctor before trying any new treatments or remedies.
1. “Arnica montana (Bergmargerite): Verwendung, Nutzen & Dosierung – Drugs.com Herbal Database.” Zugriff am 02. Juni 2020. https://www.drugs.com/npp/arnica-montana-mountain-daisy.html.
2. “7 Vorteile von Arnika für die Gesundheit und wie man sie verwendet.” The Soulhead, 25. Januar 2019. https://www.thesoulhead.com/benefits-of-arnica/.
3. “Wie man ein Arnika-Fußbad macht | Wellness Mama.” Zugriff am 02. Juni 2020. https://wellnessmama.com/86162/arnica-foot-bath/.
4. “Wie man ein Arnika-Fußbad macht | Gesund.” Zugriff am 02. Juni 2020. https://healthfully.com/how-to-do-an-arnica-foot-bath-21384875.html.
5. “Arnika Vorteile und Anwendungen – Dr. Axe” Zugriff am 02. Juni 2020. https://draxe.com/nutrition/arnica/.